"You’re invited to join us for…
“A TASTE OF ITALY”
…the best of the Italian table from the most beautiful places in Italy!
MAY 10 ~ MAY 21, 2006
Come and discover the delicious differences of Northern and Southern Italian cooking, travel behind-the-scenes of the Italian table, and savor your way from CORTONA (in the green hills region of Tuscany, 1 hour south of Florence) to POSITANO (in the region of Campania, along the beaches of the Amalfi Coast). Relish the regional delicacies at fresh open-air markets, enjoy traditional specialties presented by proud locals, learn family secrets of the most respected restaurants, sample the region's wines at a local vineyard, watch artisans braid the freshest mozzarella and more! Somewhere along your Italian adventure, it will become perfectly clear why simply mentioning the Italian “CUCINA”, rich fruity olive oils, salty Pecorino cheese and ruby red Chianti heightens our senses and fills everyone with mouthwatering anticipation!
This adventure includes…
- 5 days at a farm house villa in CORTONA, TUSCANY
- 2 full-course cooking classes by Chefs Donatella and Riccardo
- An olive oil farm visit, with lesson and sampling
- The “Super Tuscans” Wine instruction and tastings
- A Pecorino cheese farm visit with lesson and sampling
- Transportation and free time to explore Cortona, medieval Siena and the hilltop town of Montepulciano (home of the famous Vino Nobile) Next, a scenic train ride to Southern Italy and…
- 5 days in a 3-star water front hotel in POSITANO, on the AMALFI COAST
- 2 hands-on full-course cooking classes by local chefs Vincenzo and Max
- Milky Mozzarella cheese production demonstration and samplings
- Transportation and free time to shop and explore the hilltop town of Ravello
- Transportation and free time on the island of Capri, plus an island boat tour, transport on the island and even a chair lift to the very top for breathtaking sights!
Standard double occupancy tour price: $1,785. Limited Singles and Superiors also available. Prices are “Land only”. The “Air Portion” is optional and will be available in December. Group is limited to 20. Registration began on October 20th.
For registration forms or more info please contact Janet Sass, email@example.com, Northern Virginia Community College's (NVCC’s) Hospitality Management Department tel. (703) 323-3458, or Sybil Haynes, firstname.lastname@example.org, at Dolce Vita Adventures or tel. (571) 332-0658. Ciao!"
To the readers of this posting, I do not endorse this trip or in anyway represent NVCC. I am posting this trip as a favor for one of the instructors at NVCC. I know Sybil Haynes because she was my instructor in an "Italian for Travelers" class in the spring of 2005 at the NVCC campus (Annandale, VA). She will be the tour director. She was borned in Italy to an American father and Italian mother, She lived in Italy for a number of years and speaks Italian as a native including several dialects.
This trip to Italy is sponsored by NVCC’s Hospitality Management Department. You can earn one credit hour but you need to speak with Janet Sass about the requirements.
That's it for Tuesday, 22 November 2005: martedì, 22 Novembre 2005
Today’s quote is an Italian proverb, author unknown.
Da cosa nasce cosa.
One thing leads to another.
(LAST EDITED/UPDATED: 2 May 2006)